This course is designed for those who need to be proficient in Hardware Design using a Schematics and Capture package. The course teaches the student to create production level PCB from schematics that are common in power electronics, control and instrumentation.
Duration - 40 Hrs
Basic knowledge of integrated circuits, analog and digital systems.
Hardware design engineers who need to build a product from concept will need to understand the process of creating a PCB. Fresher engineers and diploma students in Electrical and Electronics need to undergo this course necessarily.
- Introduction to Protel system Design - Use of different types of PCB tools, Description of Protel design software
- Introduction to Schematics -Creating a New Project, Draw a schematic using various tools from Schematic Library.
- Library Creation-New component creation, Creating many parts in multiple packages.
- Creating Netlist, Design Rule Check, Generating Netlist from the schematics, Generating Bill Of Materials (BOM).
- Introduction to Printed Circuit Board-Different PCB layers. -Pad Stacks, Vias, Track, Drill sizes.
- Introduction to PCB Layout-Various tools in PCB layout, Description of various menu items, Generate the PCB file for the schematic.
- Introduction to Footprint creation-Description of Library Manager and menu items, Different types of footprints.
- Importing Netlist and Placement-Creating a board outline, Importing netlist and technology files, Place all the components on the board
- Introduction to Manual/Auto Routing -Changing track angles and widths,Routing the board, changing track widths.
- Introduction to Gerber generation -Different gerber files.